Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Back on track


This weekend while working with Mister on our little house down the road we had some wonderful conversations on living a more simple life.  We both desire a slower pace.  There are of course seasons of or "bursts" shall we say when things are crazier than we would like them to be.  Now that we have both acknowledged that we long to jump off the roller coaster we are going to start making changes. As you may know I have been working on the de-cluttering of the home for some time and it is still a work in progress.  In fact I have a BIG mess of things all drug out and now I have company coming this week.


I think that a giant step to move toward living a simple life is realizing that you need a more simple life.  That life is beating you up at this pace or running over you all together and you don't want to live this way anymore.  So now that we have REAFFIRMED the fact that we want a life-style change I am going to get back on track to getting us to the place we want to be. 


We have lived in our home for almost 15 years now.  This past weekend I purchased paint to finish painting the upstairs (main level).  This will be a great time to finish cleaning out because everything will have to come off the walls, off the shelves, and moved out of the room for the painter to come.  I can't tell you how excited I am about this.

So let the journey begin continue!  We are both PUMPED!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Monica! What a great blessing to be 'on the same page' with your spouse...nothing like it. And to want more peace in your life is what the Lord would want for you, I'm sure of that. Each thing you let go is like getting a little bit of peace back in your life.

    Happy cleaning and simplifying :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be your personal cheerleader! Yay for simplifying and streamlining life and goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to hear and see more..Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your simple life posts certainly inspire me! I've been trying to de-clutter and it's amazing how hard that is to do. Everything just seems so special to me and I resist getting rid of this and that. But I'm moving along. So glad to hear that you are going to be able to get some painting done. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always wonderful when a couple have common goals and are on the same page. Although I will never be a minimalist, I am all in favor of making life peaceful and serene. It will be interesting to read about your journey to the simple life you envision. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this and your simple life post always encourage me. We are also wanting to downsize as we look toward retirement. Oh, how the years have changed us. I don't even remotely want on material thing that I once thought was important. Keep pressing on ... and keep blogging. I have enjoyed this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so proud of you, Monica, for staying with this and continuing on... Life is so fragile...and it is a blessing when we realize that we want to live it out simply...that there are a lot of things we can live without. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in what you have to say! Please, let me know your thoughts. Have a blessed day!