Monday, July 13, 2015

Daybook July 13, 2015

Today is Monday July 13, 2015

Outside my window
It is already warm, 80*.  The sun is shining through the eastern trees.

I am thinking
that it was a wonderful weekend!
My trout fishermen...um and gal.

Early Sunday morning at the spring.
Since I don't fish, I read!
I am thankful
that no matter where I am or what I am doing my God is with me!
The view from my while laying on my quilt
I am praying for
Mister working out in this heat, Grandma, those in my circle to come to know Jesus in a personal way, and for health issues for some friends (near and far).

Bible time
Galations all month long.

Scripture thought
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Psalm 91:1

I am learning
to take a little time to enjoy with my family each weekend. Not to fill it up with chores.

In the kitchen
there is garden produce all over the counter.  Nothing that I can really preserve in canning so we are eating as much as we can (very healthy!) and sharing with our renters.

I am going
attempt a week of stayinng on task.  Doing a little each night ya know?...

I am pondering
some of the things I would like to get Mister for his birthday next month.  Very seldom does he purchase small things for himself...trout fishing gear... :)

I am currently reading
A Voice in the Wind, Rainbow Valley, and Galatians.  I'm also listening to Great Expectations.

I am looking forward to
fall. I know it is way too early to be saying that but I'm just not cut out for this hot humid weather any more.

ONE of my favorite things
Sweet tea with lemon on these hot days.

Crafting
I've made some progress on Grandma's shawl.  I think my Uncle is going to come get her for a few days so i will take advantage of that time and work hard on it.

In the garden
We have green beans.  I've picked enough to work up a couple gallon bags to freeze!  The few cucumber plants that I planted are giving us way more than we can consume.  A few tomatoes but nothing exciting.  Up until yesterday it has been too wet and cool for them to ripen.

Around the homestead

A post script
Thanks to Dianna I am happy to be doing my Bullet Journal
A few plans for the week

A peek into part of my day


Sharing my daybook with Peggy and friends at SWDB

23 comments:

  1. Ooh, looks like your garden is bringing much delight! Love fresh veggies. Oh I love to fish and hunt. I am counting down days till Bow season begins! LOL! Have a blessed week. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to do all that but I am too much of a fair weath person any more. Can't be too hot or too cold. :)

      Delete
  2. love the first few photos, it looks so peaceful and serene. I bet he will love the small gifts you give him especially if he is surprised!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a spring in our area. A big trout fish hatchery. It is about 15 degrees cooler there than outside the springs. I was quite comfortable while sitting there under a tree with my book! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! Your garden is producing well! Looks delicious. I love to fish so I can read, too, ha! It was nice to take a stroll through your daybook. I think I need to talk to my hubby about planning a fishing trip...and soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed the day. Watching my family catch the fish and relaxing in the coolness of the spring!

      Delete
  4. Oh boy, that creek or spring or whatever sure looks inviting on a hot day. I think I'd be right in the water!

    Hope you get a restful few days with your grandma away.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. brrrrr :D That spring water is like ice! The air temperature around the spring is 15 degrees cooler than outside the area. It was a lovely day!

      Delete
  5. What a sweet daybook entry. Wherever you are sitting and reading with those who are fishing, it is lovely. Thanks for sharing your veggies with your renters! Have fun shopping for Mister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very relaxing.
      We have the best renters! They are a God send... Really! they are. We prayed very hard about this and He sent us some special people.

      Delete
  6. "Since I don't fish, I read."
    Love that. :) It applies to me in many areas of life. ha.
    Love seeing all those beautiful pictures. Our God certainly outdoes himself every single day!
    Great Expectations--sigh. I still haven't been able to conquer that one. Maybe I need to try listening to it too instead of reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers, the baby chicks have grown, thanks for the smiles. Great Daybook post, hot and humid here in western NY as well and I am with you, come one fall! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being beside a spring where the air is 15 degrees cooler and relaxing and reading - sounds wonderful! I've had my first stirrings of looking forward to fall, too.

    I used to fill up Saturdays with chores, too, but now try to leave it free in case the family wants to do something. Leaves me much more ready for Sunday, too, instead of exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
  9. But surely you must have been reading about fishing, right? LOL! Your photos are so beautiful and I am so glad you are enjoying breaks with your family! That is super important. Working in this kind of heat ( it is hot here too, hot for us anyway!) can be so difficult, I hope he remembers to drinks lots of fluids. Your chickens are growing quickly! I love the laying hens so much, they sit with me each night and listen to my life story, but they always seem to give me a blank stare... I hope you have a wonderful week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Visiting from Simple Woman's Daybook. You have a lovely blog... I'm the same when my family goes fishing I read, lol. Looks like your garden is doing really well! Have a wonderful evening.

    Blessings,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at all that produce!! I so wish I had an area to have a garden! In the next house! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think lying on the quilt reading is your little slice of Heaven! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm not cut out for hot humid weather, either.

    Sweet tea with lemon is my favorite, too, and I don't fish, either, so reading would be my preference..

    I'm always amazed at how much we have in common.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It does look hot there, but the pictures are stunning. I miss the country and fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't weather strange sometimes? It was blistering hot and humid here over the weekend. Miserable really for Maine...and today? Cloudy, rainy and 60s! I'll take the break from the heat though...and from watering the garden. ;) Sweet tea, a good book, and a cozy corner are some of my favorite things! Cute chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those pictures are so calming with the mist and trees, curl right up with a good book, or for me my hook n thread. Taking time from chores, I'm learning I don't have to get it all done today. Sweet tea sounds good. :)

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in what you have to say! Please, let me know your thoughts. Have a blessed day!