Monday, July 27, 2015

Daybook July 27, 2015

Today is Monday July 27, 2015

Outside my window
it is a steamy morning.  There is condensation on the outside of all my windows.  Going to be another hot one!
I am thinking
how can we be almost done with July already!?

I am thankful
for getting to spend time with our extended family over the weekend.

I am praying
for good test results, Mister, our oldest, those in my circle who need Jesus!, Grandma, work for some family and friends, my sister, several request for sick family, and our country.

Bible time
today I am starting with GMG a week long in depth study of Proverbs 31.  Still listening to Galatians.

Scripture thought
I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh
Galatians 5:16

I am learning
to better prioritize my days through Bullet Journaling

In the kitchen
I have cleaned up all the garden produce, counters are clear again, and a menu plan in place for another week.

I am going
to stay on top of it this week.  I know, I said that last week but some how I ended up not keeping up on laundry so I had quite a few loads to do over the weekend.  If I don't get too over heated and drained I can come home and do something more.
I am pondering
What August holds for me

I am currently reading
Rilla of Ingleside and An Echo in the Darkness, listening to Les Miserables and Galatians.

I am looking forward to
Mister's birthday in a couple weeks!  August is a busy birthday month for us.

ONE of my favorite things
rainbows, cool misty mornings, and dew on my feet

Crafting
Or should I say knitting.  That is about all I craft.  I would love to break out the sewing machine.  Maybe this winter I will do that.  So much to do and so little time.

In the garden
LOTS of green beans.  I have about 10 gallons total in the freezer already.  Last year I had 26 gallons for the entire year.  Maybe I'll get that.  It was a good number.  Getting tomatoes but not enough to make salsa.  I'm making a lot of Pico.
Even the hummingbirds have abandoned their feeder.

Around the homestead
These chicks are the funniest ones I've ever had.  They are very curious but they run and hid when you first come around.  Soon they come out to see what you are about.  The cows enjoyed a break in the heat but are now hiding at the edge of the woods to keep in the shade.  They are black after all! :)

A few plans for the week
this week I just plan on trying to keep up.  We currently don't have anything on our calendar.  School will be starting in a few weeks so we are trying to find something to do for a day as a family.  Not sure what that looks like right now.

Post Script
The This way - That way skirt over at Sew A Straight Line so cute and so simple!

A peek into my day
see how muggy it is?

Sharing my daybook with Peggy and friends at SWDB.

12 comments:

  1. The temps here at hot. Lots of thunderstorms in the late afternoons only to have the sun pop out full steam ahead. But God is good and knows what we need when we need it. WOW...that sure is a lot of beans to put up. Good for you girl! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed your post today and hoping we can become good friends here. Seems family is as important to you, as mine is, and God is the center for both of us. Have a good Monday and week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh, I think it is hot everywhere, my friend. I just got done putting a heavy tablecloth on my sons window (no central ac, mind you) to keep the sun/heat out....back to keeping the house dark, sigh. Suppose to be in the high 90's here this week.

    Thank you for posting your Daybook, I really enjoy reading it. Have a good Monday---and thank you for showing the chicks, they sure have gotten big!!! Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your misty morning looks beautiful but I don't envy the heat. Laundry - just when I think I'm caught up I get behind again - so frustrating. I am looking for away to stay on top of it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the misty photo, although I'm sure it doesn't feel very good!
    Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I will make you a deal. You send some of that heat this way ( with sunshine) and I will send you some rain and fog, how does that sound? My, your weather is super muggy! I get a kick out of our chickens, they are so scared when I show up to feed them, etc ( I always say "Oh you girls are so chicken". They look back at me with those crazy eyes and they seem to be think "Uhmm, hello? We are chickens!" My son in law walked into their coop the other day with a handful of scratch, and they literally attacked him! I told him it is much safer to drop it on the ground, lol. I am praying about your test results, and hope that you have a great week and take time to stop and relax too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are you knitting? Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness it must be hot over there in the US. It won't be long till we are in the same situation I guess as we only have a month or so of winter left. I guess we should enjoy the cooler weather while we can as our winters are mild compared with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's muggy over here, too. This is one of the reasons I'm not a fan of summer!

    Glad the bullet journaling is proving so useful. I like using them too. The only time it doesn't work for me is when I don't look at it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hope you get the good test results! lovely photos, the humidity is high here as well as the temps. I just hide inside...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck achieving the things you need to this week,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very muggy indeed! Hope your test results come out well. We have a couple of birthdays in August.

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in what you have to say! Please, let me know your thoughts. Have a blessed day!