Monday, July 6, 2015

Daybook July 6, 2015

One of my favorite memes of the week!  Linking up with Peggy at SWDB!!!

Today is Monday July 6, 2015

The first Monday of the third quarter of the year!

Outside my window it is an overcast 69* Going to be another hot one.

I am thinking that my body temp must be stuck on high!  I just can't seem to get cool enough! :)  I'm thinking of skipping the morning coffee and going straight to sweet tea with lemon!

I am thankful for the nice long weekend I had.  Time to spend with the kids and just relax for a time.

I am praying for our country! Mister for wisdom, my cousin who had her baby this past weekend, family and friends who are job hunting (or waiting to hear), Mister's 93 year old aunt, and a cousin starting real estate school...

Bible Time: Galatians! I'll be reading and listening to it all month long.  I was looking back to the beginning of the year... I started reading my bible through again in January using a different reading plan but quickly got behind this year and just couldn't get caught up.  I became discouraged.  So I began taking one book and reading it over and over (or listening to it).  I seem to be getting a lot of information from each book that I would not have gotten had I just read a chapter randomly each day.  I feel much more relaxed with this plan.

I am learning to Bullet Journal!  Thanks Diana!  I think I am going to really like this way of keeping track of my life.  Both current and past events (hence,,,jouranling). :)

In the kitchen I know just what we are having each day this week and it is logged in my Bullet Journal. 

I am going to try and stay on a cleaning schedule each evening (yet again I am going to attempt this one).  It really frees up my weekends and I know it when I flop down on the couch after a long day of the usual but, I have been giving into my "lazy" side.

I am pondering the love of God!  It is the most amazing and complete love there is.  It is a blessing to me that He loves me so!

I am currently reading more of my Taproot magazine, A Voice in the Wind, Anne of Ingleside, and Galatians

I am looking forward to getting my new glasses this week!  Good-bye itchy, watery, contact wearing eyes!

ONE of my favorite things is the time we are trying to spend with family.  We are finding that once they leave the nest we don't get to visit with them near enough.

Crafting: I started a shawl for grandma on Friday.  I haven't had a lot of time to work on it but it is moving along nicely.  The baby blanket is too.  I started the second skein!  yahooo!

In the garden I have had a lot of squash and jalapenos...  I've been cooking up many of the squash for our meals but I've also given some to our renters.  Yesterday I made up a nice batch of jalapeno jelly.  I love this stuff! There have also been  a bunch of cucumbers.  Not enough to go through the canning process but we are eating them daily!


Around the homestead the hay is finished!  The chicks are growing like crazy  I am getting the "old" coop ready to put them in for a time.  When they are full grown I will put them in with the others.

A few plans for the week: as far a plans go this will be an uneventful week.  But you never know what could come up!  I do know my new eye glasses should be in this week so I will be going to pick them up!  

12 comments:

  1. 60 degrees? WOW! I would love that. Awe...your little chickies are so adorable. Happy Monday! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of your Grandma's shawl. It looks so pretty and delicate. I've also looked at the bullet journal idea. I can't quite wrap my mind around it yet. I'm glad it's working well. I may have to look into it further. The chicks are so cute. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm curious about your bullet journal - maybe do a post, as you get in the groove with that?

    Now I'm craving sweet tea :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Monica! Happy 'hay finishing'!! I know you were concerned about that through your blog posts. What a relief that it's done.
    Your little chicks look so cute still, and hanging together for warmth. They'll be big soon...
    Love that idea of more family time. I think you're right to realize that the time goes so fast. We're going to spend some time with my daughter and her family on vacation next week. Even though she has two children of her own, she'll always be my baby!
    Happy Monday :)
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need glasses and my yearly is in October, so I wait patiently :) It's cool here when you are inside! The weather hasn't been too too hot but I have a feeling it might be turning :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like reading the Bible through, but not in a year - I feel too rushed that way. But when I get to the epistles I do like to camp there and read them a number of times before going on.They're so rich and meaty.

    I know what you mean about wanting to spend time with kids before they leave home. I comes all too soon, and like you say, you often don't get to visit as much as you'd like once they go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're knittin gauge is very consistent. Nice work and I like the color you are using. I love photos of freshly canned foods! Lots of jelly you have there. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jalapeño jelly sounds very interesting. I know nothing snout bullet journaling but I am intrigued. Have a beautul week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of Bullet Journaling, but it looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Monica for sharing....loveeeeeeeeee the baby chicks, smiles. Thanks for the reminder, my eye appointment is coming up in August...time for new glasses. Have a beautiful week and I agree about the ice tea...Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing better for a HOT, HUMID day that some lightly sweet tea with lots of ice and a smidgen of lemon! I've been bullet journaling for a while. It's very flexible and simple to keep up! I recently switched to the calendar app that came with my new cell phone and I love it! I can check off things there...and it's always with me. (I kept forgetting my paper journal.) I'm getting new glasses in about a week too. In fact, 2 of my 3 kids are as well. Yeah...there goes a boatload of money! But we need to see! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm doing something similar to your Bible reading program - reading a book over and over. I'm in 2 Thessalonians, and I love how reading and re-reading really cements the Word in my mind and heart.

    ReplyDelete

I am always interested in what you have to say! Please, let me know your thoughts. Have a blessed day!